Big Bad Wah
- Dual-mode design offers two distinct wah sounds in a single pedal
- Wah One is classic VOX; with that decidedly sweet UK tone
- Wah Two provides Joe Satriani’s original drive and voice controls, delivering a wide range of sound-creation possibilities.
Big Bad Wah is one in a series of pedals designed by VOX and guitarist extraordinaire Joe Satriani. Joe contributed numerous ideas that were unheard of in existing wah pedals, endowing the Big Bad Wah with an unparalleled range of sounds from vintage to modern, as well as those that are totally original. The heart of any wah pedal is the “inductor.” The Big Bad Wah allows you to select between a vintage UK style inductor, and the more modern USA style. Designed to Joe Satriani’s custom specs is the design of the pedal pot itself, delivering a smooth, musical tone throughout the entire sweep of the pedal.
Big Bad Wah features a dual-mode design. Wah One faithfully replicates the classic VOX wah sound that conquered the world.
Wah Two delivers all the wah pedal know-how that Joe has accumulated over his many years of experience. The Drive knob mimics the Wah 1 gain at its lowest setting, and delivers a 10 dB boost at the maximum settings for those aggressive, growling overtones. One of the most powerful aspects of Wah Two is the Voice switch, providing traditional wah voicing; or a dark, resonant tone reminiscent of a vintage talk-box.
This is the ultimate wah pedal not just for Joe Satriani fans but for any wah pedal user who enjoys creating their own sound.
Big Bad Wah specifications
- Control: Drive knob, Voice toggle switch, Inductor switch, Wah 1-2 footswitch
- Jacks: 1x INPUT, 1x OUTPUT, 1x DC9V
- Input impedance: 1M-ohms
- Output impedance: 22k-ohms
- Power supply: 9V battery (6F22, 6LF22/6LR61) or AC adapter (sold separately)
- Current consumption: 4 mA
- Battery life: approximately 90 hours (when using zine-carbon battery)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 130 x 253 x 78 (mm) /5.12 x 9.96 x 3.07 (inches)
- Weight: 1.2 kg /2.65 lbs. (without battery)
- Included items: 9V zine-carbon battery (6F22)
- Option (sold separately): 9V AC adapter
*Features and specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement.