The Twintone III combo:
The new Twintone mark III has been re-styled and has also been partly redesigned and improved. But of course the best features of the Twintone I and II have stayed. As the enclosure is slightly bigger the amp has a deeper and warmer low-end but still gives you a that well defined and open sound from its earlier versions. Its compact size and relative light weight, disguise the power, versatility and ease of use this amplifier has to offer.
Two EL34 Power Tubes supply 50 watts of power which can be used to drive the combo speaker on its own or in combination with any of the Koch extension speakers. The Twintone III has five speaker jacks for connecting 4, 8 and 16 ohm speaker cabinets and/or the internal combo speaker. The superb sounding ‘Clean’ channel has not been changed in this new version and will again give you the same wonderful warm and crystal clear clean sounds you are used to from this amp.The Overdrive channel however has been re-voiced. The crunch and lead tones will give you a more complex and rich sound without losing its definition and depth. With these two channels you can go from a pristine clean sound through exciting ‘crunch’ tones up to saturated overdrive with infinite sustain.
The ‘Bright Clean’ guitar input trims the mids somewhat for humbucking pickups and makes sure the pure tone of the Twintone III is available for all types of guitar pickups. Also new are the two separate footswitchable Master Volumes on the front panel, Rhythm and Solo Volume. The Presence control has been relocated from the Overdrive channel to the power amp section. This creates a more authentic sparkle when turned open and it now operates on both channels, Clean and Overdrive.
The long tank spring reverb has a level control on the back panel for just the right amount of effect. Naturally the amp still has its recording output of which the filter has been improved so the output now offers true speaker emulation for great authentic recording of your favourite guitar sound.
Koch Twintone III Specifications:
- 50W All-tube amplifier,
- 4 x 12AX7 pre-amp tubes and
- 2 x EL34 power-tubes
- Normal & Bright Clean inputs
- Three foot-switchable channels: Clean, Crunch and Lead
- Seperate passive bass-mid-treble tone controls for both channels
- Two Masters (Solo/Rhythm),
- providing two controllable volume levels for all channels and settings
- Presence on master section
- Koch VG12-90 12” speaker, Read more…
- Classic long scale model reverb with level adjust and foot switchable
- Parallel and/or Serial effects loops
- Recording output (improved filter for true speaker emulation)
- 4-way footswitch included
- Combo weight: 25kg